Thursday, January 24, 2008

I Wanna Be Sedated!

As I was strolling down the aisles at the King's super mega-plex market today I could not believe what came blaring through the sound system. The Ramones, "I Wanna Be Sedated!" What's kinda funny is that the store was filled with senior citizens, some in wheel chairs, some with oxygen, some moving very slowly. But not for long. That song really got the place jumpin.' Or at least, it got me jumpin'. I don't think too many other people were listening, or even noticed the music. I had to try really hard not to bust out laughing. It's so hard not to sing along or dance while listening to the Ramones. "Bam, bam,bam,bam, ba bam, bam, bam, bam, I wanna be sedated."

I really enjoy my time shopping with the seniors. It's very pleasant. And I always feel good when I have the opportunity to help one of them. It's okay, because I am not in a hurry. I love it when the senior greeter says "Good morning young lady" That makes me feel special, even though he calls all the women "young ladies.". He always wears a red bow-tie. What a charmer! Speaking of red, I think I might join the Red Hat Society when I turn 50. I like their philosophy of just having fun. Maybe I can turn them on to The Ramones.

Well, I don't really know what the point of this post is, other than to point out that sometimes tuning in to the background music can make your day a little brighter.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gabba-Gabba-Hey!

Angie Villa said...

Dee-dee,

I miss you!


Dottie

Bernie O'Hare said...

Dottie,

I like the way you describe your experience at Kings. But I can assure you I don't want to be sedated. I've been taking valium for those back spasms and they just knock me right the hell out. On the bright side, I've been having some really neat dreams.

Angie Villa said...

BernO,

It's a good think you haven't gotten "blogger's block." I see you have been able to keep up with your postings and comments!

Angie Villa said...

I meant it's a good "thing", I thing.

river said...

Hi Dottie. The best part is that when you get into your 50's like me, there is always someone saying "you are young yet!" "):):):):):)

Angie Villa said...

River,

I think we should all stay young at heart and try to have fun. I'm in my 40's and my hubby is a youthful 50 something.

Anonymous said...

"my hubby is a youthful 50 something."

your hubby is so amazingly HOT I get weak in the knees every time i see him .. yum ..