Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Viva Noticias!

In my recent quest for informative and substantial local news coverage, I have discovered Noticias, the news in Spanish on Channel 69 at 11pm. Noticias is jam packed with local news stories. At 11:10 they are still covering important news. (Usually at 10:06, 69 News at 10 is on to the weather.) Maybe since the majority of Spanish speaking people live in the city, Noticias delivers more city news than the other newscasts? The reporters are so professional and speak fluently and quickly, even though I don't know what they are saying, they seem to be saying a lot. The female reporters have personality, wear stylish clothing, and look gorgeous. Wow, I wonder if my tv can translate into English? I've gotta figure this out. If you understand Spanish I recommend this, and even if you don't speak Spanish it's still fun to watch. Pictured is reporter Linda Candelo. Go here to see the others. http://www.wfmzenespanol.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't speak Spanish either but I agree that the professionally poised and drop-dead gorgeous news women of Channel 69's news in Spanish are impossible to take your eyes off of until your wife slaps you.

Angie Villa said...

yeah I know, i had to slap my hubby a few times. Wish some of the male reporters resembled George Clooney. Seems like the men can get away with a lot more than the women when it comes to looks.

Anonymous said...

I've seen Noticias before and I agree, there's definitely more news being reported there than in the English-speaking newscast. I can understand some of the Spanish, but they speak faster than my brain can translate. :)