Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Upward Bound, Allentown!

(From Alfonso Todd) UPWARD BOUND, ALLENTOWN ! A multi-cultural celebration being held on July 12, 2008 on Hamilton Street between 6th and 7th streets that will highlight the positive aspects of the Allentown community. Music, food, children's activities, local performers, artists, and community organizations, will be on hand. This will be a day of entertainment, as well as education. We are currently seeking bands, performers, and food and craft vendors of different nationalities that would represent different racial backgrounds. We, also, are requesting volunteers. In addition, small / large businesses and community organizations are encouraged to come out and introduce yourself to the public and obtain possible new clientele and contacts. For more information, contact Alfonso Todd-484 707 9592 or alfonsotodd36@msn.com

5 comments:

Bill Villa said...

I volunteer to sample foods from as many different nationalities as I can ...

Anonymous said...

Bill has the right idea!

I think this event sounds like a perfect fit for Allentown. I moved into my house just two years ago and I've been really impressed with how quickly positive changes have been made downtown. I think events like this will make it even better. I have to go mark my calendar.

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Bill you are more than welcome to do so. I am working on having a large variety of foods to sample. I believe this event will be decent and hope to make it annual. If there are any interested persons with ideas, I am open to all. Thanks Dottie,

Alfonso

Anonymous said...

Alfonso,

I'll see if I can come up with some ethnic restaurants, vendors etc. and I'll send you an email with any contact info I can dig up.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sarina, I LOVE the spirit of cooperation,

Alfonso