Thursday, November 24, 2011

STONEWALL STEINBERG: Lehigh County judge shields DA Jim Martin from scrutiny


This
is
a
letter
I'm
politely
re-mailing
to
Judge
Steinberg's
office

[Judge Steinberg "responds," see December 7, 2011 UpDate]


November 26, 2011
Re-mailed on the following dates: December 5, 2011 ...
December 12, 2011 [Revised per 12/7/11 UpDate, see below]
December 19, 2011 [Revised per 12/7/11 UpDate, see below]
December 30, 2011 [Revised per 12/7/11 UpDate, see below]
January 6, 2012 [Revised per 12/7/11 UpDate, see below]
January 13, 2012 [Revised per 12/7/11 UpDate, see below]
January 20, 2012 [Revised per 12/7/11 UpDate, see below]
January 28, 2012 [Revised per 12/7/11 UpDate, see below]
February 3, 2012 [Revised per 12/7/11 UpDate, see below]
February 10, 2012 [Revised per 12/7/11 UpDate, see below]
February 18, 2012 [Revised per 12/7/11 UpDate, see below]
February 24, 2012 [Revised per 12/7/11 UpDate, see below]
March 5, 2012 [Revised per 12/7/11 UpDate, see below]
March 23, 2012 [Revised per 12/7/11 UpDate, see below]
March 24, 2012 [Revised per 12/7/11 UpDate, see below]

Susan Unangst
Special Assistant to the Court
Lehigh County Courthouse
455 West Hamilton Street
Allentown, PA 18101

Dear Ms. Unangst:

Upon receiving and reading your letter to me dated October 20, 2011, I was immediately struck by the misrepresentation that was perpetrated on me by Judge Steinberg and you. In phone conversations with you on January 20, 2011, and with Judge Steinberg on February 25, 2011, I was told by both of you that Judge Steinberg had "requested permission" from an unnamed authoritative board regarding meeting with me.

As it turns out, the authoritative board is an advisory committee that is co-chaired by a Lehigh County Court of Common Pleas colleague of Judge Steinberg’s, Judge Edward D. Reibman, who has in the past quashed information access on behalf of Lehigh County District Attorney James B. Martin, see IN RE: CHARLES CULLEN LITIGATION, NO. 2005-C-3330.

UpDate: In a 12/7/11 letter to me from Judge Steinberg's law clerk, Ramma Barakat, Barakat claims that at the time of Judge Steinberg's "inquiry" to the advisory committee, Judge Steinberg's Lehigh County colleague, Judge Edward D. Reibman, was "Chair, Zone 2." In their 12/7/11 letter, Barakat and Steinberg do not address any of the other points or requests in my letter(s) dated 11/26/11 and 12/5/11 so I'll be sending more letters to Judge Steinberg [see below] requesting an in-person meeting with him to discuss the Chris Squires DUI homicide case, its curious, and unilateral, night before trial bargain plea deal, and what appears to be subsequent cover-up collusion involving DA Jim Martin and then Morning Call reporter (and current DA Jim Martin Executive Aide), Debbie Garlicki.

Although I perceive Judge Steinberg’s decision to not meet with me as a similar stonewalling tactic designed to quash information access and shield DA Jim Martin (and himself) from scrutiny regarding the prosecution and sentencing of my daughter Sheena’s killer, Robert Edward LaBarre, I will honor Judge Steinberg’s decision to not meet with me, for now, but I will re-commence requesting an in-person meeting with him at a later date, when all probation and parole inquiries to Judge Steinberg regarding Robert Edward LaBarre have been resolved.

In the meantime, I am now requesting an in-person meeting with Judge Steinberg to discuss a DUI homicide case that is already closed, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania v. Christopher Stephen Squires, Docket Number: CP-39-CR-0005610-2006, and I will of course restrict my communication with Judge Steinberg to this case, and to this case only, when we meet.

Let me know Judge Steinberg’s answer, and FYI, I will perceive an answer of "Mr. Villa has 'no standing' in this case" as another stonewalling tactic designed to quash the truth from getting out.

Also, please advise Judge Steinberg that I am taking my verifiably factual findings of favoritism and collusion regarding the prosecution and sentencing of DUIs and DUI homicides in Lehigh County to objective media and publishers far beyond the protective and cooperative, crony-colluding media bubble of the Lehigh Valley, and that I will not stop until my inconvenient facts, and its colluding players, are exposed to a national audience.

In closing, I am totally receptive to being shown by Judge Steinberg where and why my findings of favoritism and collusion may be faulty, or outright wrong, which could be best communicated during an in-person meeting.

Conversely, continuing to stonewall me will make it look like Judge Steinberg is quashing the truth and shielding DA Jim Martin, and himself.

Sincerely,

Bill Villa
610.428.xxxx


VILLAS: WHY WE FIGHT

December 12, 2011
December 19, 2011
December 30, 2011
January 6, 2012
January 13, 2012
January 20, 2012
January 28, 2012
February 3, 2012
February 10, 2012
February 18, 2012
February 24, 2012
March 5, 2012
March 23, 2012
March 24, 2012

Dear Ms. Unangst:

I respectfully request an in-person meeting with Judge Steinberg to discuss a Lehigh County DUI homicide case, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania v. Christopher Stephen Squires, Docket Number: CP-39-CR-0005610-2006, over which Judge Steinberg presided.

I would like to discuss this case’s curious, and unilateral, night before trial bargain plea deal, and what appears to be subsequent cover-up collusion involving DA Jim Martin and then Morning Call reporter (and current DA Jim Martin Executive Aide), Debbie Garlicki.

I will restrict my communication with Judge Steinberg to this case, and to this case only, when we meet.

Additionally, I am totally receptive to being shown by Judge Steinberg where and why my findings of case-fix favoritism and collusion may be faulty, or outright wrong, which could be best communicated during an in-person meeting with me.

Sincerely,

Bill Villa
610.428.xxxx