Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Allentown Chen-Arts at chez Gregory

The new fab, hip, and ultra-chic Allentown Chen-Arts Group (CHARGE) is charging over to artist Greg Coates' cool downtown post-modern studio for an informal artist get together this Sat. June 21 at 6:30 pm.

Bring ten slides of your work to show and share. If you don't have slides, bring jpegs, or photos, video, or the actual work if it's not too big. If you are a musician, bring cd. For those hipsters who just want to make the scene.........you can wear your art, baby. If you want, bring a bottle of vino to share, or soda, or whatever you like to drink. If you are not on my group e-mail list and would like to attend please let me know, like now.

I have heard that there will be a show of art work by the late Greg Weaver at Hava Java on 19th St. starting this Friday, with an opening on Friday night. So don't miss this, if it happens.
Studio. Gregory Coates.

6:30 pm, Sat. June 21

C.a.N Studio
614 Washington Street
Allentown Pa

UPDATE: Greg Coates has informed me that Paul Marin has graciously offered to cater our event. The food will be Vegan! Sounds great, I can't wait to try something different. Thanks Paul!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be there in spirit. Give Greg a big kiss for me. Love to see something first rate happening in the third rate city (talk to greg about the third rate remark!)

I'm stuck out on the East End in the celebrity bubble. God I can't wait till fall when they all leave!

Geoff Brace said...

Mrs. Dottie, if you don't mind people with zero artistic talent being a part of your e-mail list, I'd be honored (gsbrace@hotmail.com).

I like art and people who produce it, but can't create very well.

Angie Villa said...

Geoff,

Great, I sent you an e-mail!

Anonymous said...

Geoff,

You should definitely attend. My husband and I make documentaries and we won't have them (too long) with us to share, so you won't be the only one "empty-handed."

You're part of the resurgence of Allentown, you'd fit right in.

petelewnes said...

ok...i'm ditching all plans and plan on making it...thanks all for providing an undergroud arts scene :)

Bernie O'Hare said...

That's very nice of Mr. Marin. I'm no artist and don't think I belong there unless someone is looking for a nude model.

Anonymous said...

I will be in Baltimore, MD this weekend attending my brother's wedding and hearing my Pop's ask me when will I give him a daughter-in-law or some grand kids (not necessarily in that order, at this point). Take some pics for me and remember I need a list of all the artists who want to show, sell, or just be apart of the UPWARD BOUND, ALLENTOWN EVENT on the ARTSWALK. I'll be there in spirit and until next week,

Carpe Diem,

Alfonso

P.S. Did you all see the great commercial Sarah Fulton and her hubby made for the event ? Or the flyer Alani created ? AWESOME and TALENTED people abound in A-town !

Angie Villa said...

Alfonso,

I saw the great flyer but did not see the video. Was that sent to me too?
I'd like to see it.

Are you using the Arts Park for your event?

We'll miss you

Anonymous said...

I only have insurance for the Arts Walk, not the Arts Park. I will send you a copy of the commercial and please send it to everyone. It's great !

Alfonso