Thursday, January 20, 2011

Phone Call, Incoming, from Lehigh County Judge Robert L. Steinberg

[UpDated 11/24/11] After having denied or ignored my numerous polite requests for an in-person meeting w/ him over the past 4+ years, Lehigh County Court of Common Pleas Judge Robert L. Steinberg has "requested permission" (from an un-named authority) to meet w/ me. Permission is pending.

This according to his secretary, Susan Unangst, who phoned me today [January 20, 2011] at 9:48 am, in response to my polite request of yesterday to meet w/ Judge Steinberg.

There's much I'd like to discuss during an in-person meeting w/ Judge Steinberg, the judge who sentenced my daughter Sheena's privileged and connected killer Robert LaBarre to serve just 5.5 to 12 years in the state penitentiary, including:






... and Lehigh County District Attorney Jim Martin.

I am patiently awaiting Judge Steinberg's promised response back to me.

UpDate, 2/25/11: Spoke briefly w/ Judge Steinberg (he answered his own phone). "Permission" (from a still un-named authority) to meet w/ me is "still pending."

UpDate, 10/20/11: In a letter to me from Susan Unangst, Special Assistant to the Court, turns out that Judge Steinberg has been conveniently advised by the Pennsylvania Conference of Trial Judges, Judicial Ethics Committee to "not meet with the father of the victim to discuss the case." That's me.

Coincidentally, or not, this advising (not "permission granting") Conference/Committee is co-chaired by Judge Steinberg's crony colleague, Lehigh County Judge Edward D. Reibman, another known protector of DA Jim Martin.

Readers, I've been advised that Judge Steinberg's continued evasion of me at this late date in Sheena's case is baseless, and bullshit, but apparently Steinberg's long-sought "advice" from the "Ethics" committee is the "official" CYA stonewall that Judge Steinberg believes will justify his continuing to hide from me and my inconvenient, verifiable, and career-damaging facts.

Fact is, there's nothing officially prohibiting Judge Steinberg from meeting with me and discussing DA Jim Martin's "special handling" of the Robert LaBarre and Chris Squires DUI homicide cases.


26 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bill Villa said...

Yep ... we figured LVH would be interested in the bloody lid gettin' blown off Commonwealth v. Squires ... is that you, Brian Downs :)

Domain Name > lvh.com (Commercial)
IP Address > 192.234.106.# (Lehigh Valley Hospital)
ISP > Lehigh Valley Hospital

Time of Visit > Jan 20 2011 1:37:31 pm

PTD Walnutport said...

I'd say you have some peopole in high places very nervous, Villas!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

No one is nervous at all, quit the circle-jerk.

If Steinberg has 1/2 a brain (and he does), he'll only talk to you in front of an audience.

Bill Villa said...

You seem nervous to me ...

and you're obviously speaking for "the whole group" ...

thanks for sharing.

LVS SiteMeter(R) Spotlight said...

Villas ... right now ... your SiteMeter(R) looks like a Morning Call "Who's Who" ... there are like 80 different very nervous "newspaper" staffers stalking LVS right now ...

Domain Name > (Unknown)
IP Address > 163.192.12.# (Tribune Company)
ISP > Tribune Company

Time of Visit > Jan 20 2011 4:14:32 pm

Angie Villa said...

Looks like we're in the driver's seat again ... ;D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I think JUdge Steinberg is probably seeking some sort of official "cover" in the form of a prohibition against meeting with you. This way, he can appear to have made sympathetic overtures to you, but I can't imagine him ever meeting with you. He won't for the same reason Glenn Kranzley wouldn't meet with you, Erdman, Martin, Wally Trimble, etc, etc, etc, which is b/c they know you're right, you're determined, and you'll prevail.These local cowards won't risk meeting w/ you.

Bill Villa said...

I hope you're wrong (about Steinberg), but you could be right, time will tell. Thanks for commenting.

Consigliere said...

If all the criminal and civil court actions involving your daughter's death are completed, there's no reason why Judge Steinberg can't meet with you.

Bill Villa said...

This is what we've been told by those who would know.

And yes, all the legal/court cases (criminal and civil) are over (we won all of them).

If I were Judge Steinberg ... I'd be scared absolutely shitless to meet with me. But I would drum up the courage to do it anyway, because it's the right thing to do.

Bill Villa said...

... especially regarding helping me to expose this shamefully blatant deceit and screw job on a grieving family ... in an election year for DA Jim Martin. This could ruin Martin. And it should.

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Anonymous said...

(almost forgot)

I sure hope the "unnamed authority" Steinberg is requesting permission from isn't the Allentown Ethics Board.

LVS SiteMeter(R) Spotlight said...

Villas, looks like LVS's tweaked right sidebar content is a big hit, bravo to youse ...

Domain Name > ptd.net (Network)
IP Address > 204.186.244.# (PenTeleData)
City > Walnutport

Time of Visit > Jan 24 2011 8:41:43 am

Visit Length > 1 hour 20 minutes 44 seconds

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I spend 80 mins (at least) reading your blog every day.

I love your blog. I like the truth.

Angie Villa said...

11:59, merci ... ;D

Anonymous said...

Godspeed Villas, I hope Judge Steinberg does the right thing and meets with you, and then does the even more right thing and helps you de-throne District Attorney Martin later this year.

Bill Villa said...

Thanks. We'll keep you posted.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.