Thursday, January 3, 2008

Front Page Nudes


Anyone notice the picture of the upside down pole dancer in a bikini on the front page of Jan.1st's Morning Crawl? Happy Nude Year!

At my son's school the teachers encourage parents to read the newspaper with their children. How am I going to explain this one to a curious six year old? What do I say to him when he asks "can we go to THAT playground mommy?"

The article was titled "New Year Brings New Laws on the Books." Let's see, some of the new laws they mention are that blood donors can now be 16 yrs. old in Pa, there's a new ban on text messaging while driving in Washington state, energy miser light bulbs are now required in larger buildings in Illinois. But they chose to use the picture of a stripper doing a pole dance and highlight the new $5 per customer "pole tax" law at strip clubs in Texas. I guess pictures of lightbulbs don't sell papers.


Note: I couldn't find the actual image from the paper, so I used a similar image.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Note: I couldn't find the actual image from the paper, so I used a similar image."

I like this "dancer" better, her legs are more shapley ...

Dottie said...

Thnk-you for your astute observation.

Dottie said...

I just want to make the point here that a newspaper should be held to a different standard than MTV, or reality tv shows or wherever else it has become standard fare to see scantilly clad women. I'm not a prude, nor do I live in a cocoon. I know there are much worse images out there than the pole-dancer, but that does not make it okay to show this image in a newspaper.

river said...

If you don't like it complain to the MC and do not buy their newspaper... If that is not the actual picture the MC posted but similar to it , the pic is not that horrid. I don't like seeing these young women doing anything for a buck, and some make over $500 a night...how much taxes are they paying on that money. ZERO I Bet!

trick1 said...

tell you what, i'm as much a filthy little perv as the next guy, but it is absolutey NOT ok to put a picture of a stripper on the front page of a newspaper. what's wrong with those guys?

nice blog, dottie. about time.

Anonymous said...

Dear Dottie,

I did not see the fron page of the AM Call on NY's day, but agree with you. Teachers have even advocated handing the newspaper over to children. I wholeheartedly disagree. There is way too much I don't want an elementary schooler to see aside from world violence & crime.Stories about incest,rape,cannibalism are best left for later years.

Dottie said...

Thank you trick1 and anon 6:58 for commenting.
Good points.