Thursday, March 20, 2008

MY Headline News

I'm no reporter, nor do I portray one on TV, but I am posting this to alert women in my community. This was in yesterday's Morning Call police report. I think it should have been on the front page.
This happened at 2:30 in the afternoon, near the CVS where I often shop.

"Police search for men who assaulted, robbed woman
March 19, 2008

A 20-year-old Allentown woman was assaulted and robbed Monday near 16th and Liberty streets by three men who also attempted to pull her into a vehicle, Allentown police said.Alexandria Cintron said she was walking in an alley near the area at 2:30 p.m. when three men approached her from behind and one grabbed an iPod from her and ripped a chain from her neck and took her wallet, police said. Cintron reported she was struck in the face and thrown to the ground, police said.The men then attempted to pull Cintron into a large, brown, four-door vehicle, but were unsuccessful and fled, police said.
Cintron suffered minor injuries, police said."




PS: My restaurant review really IS coming soon. I'm actually dining out this weekend! Thanks to everyone who made suggestions. Mrs. D

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Mrs. Dottie. I agree. This story really should've been a bigger deal than a tiny police report. Thanks for sharing it. I totally missed it in the paper.

Anonymous said...

This is just four blocks from my home, not four blocks east which would be business as usual for Allentown but four blocks north. This area has degraded remarkably in the last several years; many of the homeowners are gone and have been replaced by renters. Many of the properties are in disrepair. Crime is blights constant companion, too bad Ed Pawlowski can’t see past Hamilton Street.


Scott Armstrong

A.J. Cordi said...

So you mean crime really does exist in Allentown?

This was not on the front page of TMC because (1) there was no murder and (2) it involved a woman.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Dottie said...
RE:"They are killing each other and for what? gang turf and drug turf. What part of that don't you understand? Don't blame slavery on me."

I think you are missing my point, Anon,or is it River?. And white people commit crimes too. What I am referring to is what Obama himself talked about on Larry King the other night. He gave the example of a white woman walking down the street, and as a black man approaches from the other direction she might cross the street to avoid the black man, assuming becuse he's black he might be a criminal.

March 22, 2008 11:42 AM

crime is getting worse dottie

Mrs. Dottie said...

Anon,River?

I'm talking about crime in Allentown at this post, but at MM's post which you quoted from the topic was Obama's pastor.

Yes, the crime in Allentown is mostly caused by gangs and drugs, and it is getting worse and extending to the west end and surrounding areas.