Saturday, June 14, 2008

Dad plays a tune


Happy Father's Day weekend. This is my dad, the youngest of ten children. This photo is from the early 1950's, I believe. Out of the ten children, both the oldest (98 yrs.) and youngest (75 yrs.) are still alive, along with two others. My grandparents both came to the US from Palermo, Sicily. I believe my grandmother was just a teenager when they were married. I never knew my grandparents, they both died when I was a baby. I was named after my grandmother. I was born on Father's Day. Although dad can't read music too well, he's good at improvising. He's probably playing the Tarantella, his way.

2 comments:

Bernie O'Hare said...

You have your father's smile and the same penetrating eyes.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree. He could NEVER deny your lineage. I hope you ALL have a HAPPY FATHER'S DAY !!!

Alfonso Todd