Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Yankees Game Preempts Justice Mission

10/7 UpDate: C.C. Sabathia and Yanks Crush Twins, 6-4, More Info

Okay, so I had my blistering new "Courtesy of the Floor" speech all polished up, and I had suited up, and I had showed up at City Council tonight. But as I sat there waiting to speak for a 7th time, I found myself thinking ... what the hell am I doing here wasting my time on all these pathetic dumb-asses? Chris Casey, Bob Romancheck, Loopy Lou Hershman, Jarrett Renshaw, "W" Mike Donovan, Jeanette Eichenwald (who really needs a hairdresser, badly), Julio Guridy, Ray O'Connell (the other 3 City Council cockroaches weren't even there yet).

So when Council"man" Julio Guridy announced they were late for a "meeting upstairs" and would be back downstairs for the regular Council meeting, whenever, I decided to make like a diva and leave and not miss the first pitch of tonight's American League Division Series, Yankees vs. Twins.

Maybe the (wink wink) "upstairs meeting" is a new strategy devised by Council President (for now) Mike D'Amore and City Solicitor Jerry Snyder to lose me. Who knows. Who cares. Go Yanks.

16 comments:

Bill Villa said...

Exactly.

Related Story

Angie Villa said...

BV, you made an even stronger statement by walking out on those losers.

Anonymous said...

When the Yanks play the Phils down the road, I predict the Yanks will prevail in 5 games (or fewer).

Bill Villa said...

:) I was at Game 6 (i.e., the clinching, final game) of the World Series last year vs. the Frillies at Yankee Stadium. I think our tickets cost $3.1 Million Dollars. Or was that the hot dogs, I forget. Oh well. I'll never forget it. Yankee fans are the best (and the best-looking) and we could really use an all sports-leading 28th World Championship and after last night's 6-4 come from behind (yawn) again win, we're 1 game closer to another World Series victory.

Bloomberg said...

Curtis Granderson is on fire.

Anonymous said...

Too bad about Roy Halladay blowing that perfect game :(

Bill Villa said...

Agreed, all.

"BV, you made an even stronger statement by walking out on those losers." -Mrs. Dottie

Yep, Merci.

Angie Villa said...

Last night was Mariano Rivera's 40th Postseason Save, wow!

Anonymous said...

Villas you are the Yankees of blogging, World Champions!

Bill Villa said...

We never thought of it that way (wink wink) but you are so right.

Anonymous said...

Merci!

LVS SiteMeter(R) Spotlight said...

Mrs. Chris Casey spotted reading LVS at work (Yankee fan?)

Domain Name > lvh.com
IP Address > 192.234.106.# (Lehigh Valley Hospital)
ISP > Lehigh Valley Hospital

Time of Visit > Oct 7 2010 12:07:15 pm

LVS SiteMeter(R) Spotlight said...

"W" Mike Donovan spotted "reading" LVS
(for now) ...

Domain Name > (Unknown)
IP Address > 64.9.15.# (LVAIC - Cedar Crest College)

Time of Visit > Oct 7 2010 9:53:40 am

Anonymous said...

This is such a wonderful blog.

Bill Villa said...

Thanks, we agree.

So does The Morning Call "newspaper," as their (record) 97 visits today (so far, it's early) dramatically affirm ...

Domain Name > (Unknown)
IP Address > 163.192.12.# (Tribune Company)
ISP > Tribune Company

Time of Visit > Oct 7 2010 5:29:58 pm

Happy For You said...

"what the hell am I doing here wasting my time on all these pathetic dumb-asses?"